News & Events
Constant Skype Calls Are Fun but Draining
- November 8, 2017
- Posted by: Vas Taras
- Category: X-Culture Stories
A typical slow Wednesday morning:
– Skype with a co-author from Afghanistan who works in Denmark about a study on Cultural Intelligence
– Skype with a Ukrainian project partner in Ukraine about X-Culture Kids
– Skype with a Peruvian company that wants to be an X-Culture Partner next semester (really cool product, tell more soon).
– Skype with my Italian project administrator here in the U.S. about X-Culture
– A phone call with my Indian graduate student here in the U.S. about problems with Dropbox synchronization
– Skype with our partners in Colombia that are scheduled to host the next X-Culture Symposium
– STILL TO COME: Skype with the Dutch director of X-Culture Coaching who is in Spain
– Update: As I am typing this, got a Skype call from a friendly organization in Ukraine. Similar to X-Culture, they specialize in education for kids.
– Update: As I am on Skype with the previous person, a Coach from Canada calls about a training module she’s developing for our students.
The Good: It’s nice to be able to connect with the world every day. Broadens your perspective.
The Bad: It is hard. It is really hard. Energy draining. It’s 1 pm and I still haven’t done any research. After a few years in this mode, it becomes routine and a time trap. Not that much fun anymore and doesn’t leave much time for other things. Definitely not as glamorous as it may sound and definitely harder than it looks.
By Vas Taras