News & Events
2015 Savannah Symposium
- July 16, 2015
- Posted by: Volodymyr
- Category: Global Symposium
The 2015 X-
JCB is sponsoring X-
1. You will have an opportunity to serve as a consultant to the company. JCB hopes to receive ideas and insights from the students on the international business challenge that will be presented to the attendees of the conference.
Additionally, the X-
For you, this is also a great opportunity to interact with talented and ambitious students from around the world, attend research sessions at AIB-
Please visit www.x-
The program includes the JCB Challenge (a business competition organized by JCB Machines), meetings with the company management and employees, as well as access to all Academy of International Business Southeast conference events, including scholarly presentations, panel sessions, symposia, professional development workshops, networking and social events. The conference brings together hundreds of the world’s leading International Business scholars and professionals from dozens of countries.
Timeline of Events
● August 15 – Complete the form below to indicate your interest. A total of 50 people will be selected and invited to the meeting.
● August 20 – Decision letters will be sent out.
● September 1 – All approved candidates must register for the AIB-
● September 23-
● November 11 (or earlier) – Arrive in Savannah. You are responsible for making your own travel and housing arrangements (book your air tickets and hotel). Visit conference Meeting Venue and Lodging page for lodging options suggested by the conference organizers.
● November 12, morning – Corporate visit with JCB Machines top management. Spend time with the company executives to learn about their business, ask questions, and fully understand their needs.
● November 12, night – Work with your team to complete your consulting report.
● November 13, 19:00 – Submit consulting report
● November 14, 10:00 – Top 3 Finalist teams are announced
● November 14, 16:45-
● November 14, 19:00-
Students attending the event will be placed in international teams of about 5 students per team. Your team will be able to collaborate virtually for about a month and will then have an additional day or so to finish up your report working face-
JCB Machines has also indicated their intent to offer internships and possibly jobs to the most talented students.
COST, TRAVEL, ACCOMMODATIONS AND FINANCIAL SUPPORT
Students interested in attending the X-
● Conference Registration ($150): All participants must register for the conference at the discounted student rate ($175 after September 1). The registration fee covers access to all conference activities, professional development sessions and social networking events, including welcome reception, lunches, gala dinner and award ceremony, as well as light refreshments and food during the conference.
● Hotel: The primary conference hotel is the Savannah Marriott Riverfront hotel, and AIB-
● Travel to/from Savannah: Students are responsible for making their own travel arrangements to Savannah. Depending on your destination, the round-
● The official X-
● Additional Food: Coffee breaks, light lunch, and dinner will be provided on most of the conference days, while breakfast is often included in the price of the hotel room. However, expect to spend additional $10-
Depending on your citizenship, you may require a travel visa to enter the U.S. For more information, please visit this page: http://travel.state.gov/visa.
After you register for the conference, you will receive a formal invitation letter that you can present at the U.S. Consulate when applying for your visa. Please note an interview at a U.S. consulate is usually a required part of the U.S. visa application process. The interviews are normally booked 2-
Travel Stipends and Financial Support
Subject to funding availability, X-
The priority will be given to the members of the best X-