Business business is
Research research is
Learning learning is
Home IB Tips and News

IB Tips and News

IB Tips and News

DID YOU KNOW, the Czech Republic, the one that used to be “Czechoslovakia” up until 1989, is likely to change its name again, this time to “Czechia”.

Read more


Did you know that Christmas is celebrated at different times in different parts of the world?

Read more


2016 will be a very special year for global wealth distribution: for the first time, the wealthiest 1% will own more global wealth than the remaining 99%.

Read more


Some key figures that show how much the world has changed in just 5 years.

  • Commodities are 3-4 times cheaper
  • Capital is much cheaper 50% cheaper, investment x2
  • Technology up to 20 times cheaper, up to 10 times more widespread
  • Labor 10% more expensive, industrial robots x2

Read more


Did you know…

that “Made in …” was originally introduced as a “shame” label on German products so that fewer British consumers buy them?

Read more


Adding to the largest in international history $1.6 Billion Lottery Craze

For the first time ever, buying all possible tickets guarantees a wining: with only 292 million possible combinations, you need only $584 million to buy all combinations to guarantee winning the $1.6 billion.

Read more


The 2016 Big Mac Index has just been published by the Economist.

The Big Mac Index allows to gauge the cost of living in different countries by comparing the price of a Big Mac. The advantage of using this product as a reference point is that McDonald’s offers Big Macs virtually in all countries and in most locations the burger is made using local ingredients and served by local staff, which allows to minimize the effects of transportation cost, import tariffs, and other external factors.

Read more


One reason cross-cultural communication is difficult

Cultures could be classified along the “Peach-Coconut” continuum.

Read more


Restricted! 21+

You have to be very careful when selecting your company logo. What you think is great may have a horrible connotation in another culture (of when looked at closer).

Read more